Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is an electrical safety test on all portable electrical equipment within the work place.
It is a requirement of “The Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)” that all electrical systems and equipment be maintained in a condition “suitable for use”. A PAT test carried out by NEAT Ltd. will ensure that you, “The Employer”, meet with these requirements.
In addition to this, other important factors are:
• To comply with all Health & Safety requirements
• To satisfy your Insurance Company
• To minimise the risk of fire and injury caused by faulty electrical appliances
At NEAT Ltd. we will:
• Provide a free initial survey and quotation.
• Carry out the PAT Testing with the minimum of disruption to your staff and normal everyday working.
• Provide a comprehensive list of test results, which meet with the HSE (Health & Safety Executives) requirements of having a managed system in place.
• Supply results in electronic format if required.
• Contact you annually to arrange for re-testing, or alternatively, set up a fixed price 3 or 5-year contract designed to meet your specific requirements.
• Carry out your microwave oven leakage testing.
• All our testing equipment is calibrated annually.
• All our test engineers are trained and certified to City & Guilds standard.
What is a portable appliance?
1. Portable equipment: Appliances fitted with a plug & flexible power cord which can easily be moved.
2. Transportable equipment: Appliances fitted with a plug & flexible power lead that has the ability to be relocated and plugged into a new position.
3. Hand held equipment: Electrical power tools and extension leads either 110V or 240V supply.
You can use this form to request us to give you a call or if you prefer just leave us a message. Please be sure to leave us a contact number or email address for you and we will get back to you as soon as we can.