Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is an electrical safety test on all portable electrical equipment within the work place.
It is a requirement of “The Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)” that all electrical systems and equipment be maintained in a condition “suitable for use”. A PAT test carried out by NEAT Ltd. will ensure that you, “The Employer”, meet with these requirements.
In addition to this, other important factors are:
• To comply with all Health & Safety requirements
• To satisfy your Insurance Company
• To minimise the risk of fire and injury caused by faulty electrical appliances
PAT testing has changed we are now working to Amendment 5. This now covers the “grey area” from a Fused Spur to a flexed appliance ie Hand Dryers, Panel Heaters etc, these items will be visually inspected and earth checked, the appliances will not be isolated at the Distribution/Fuse board or removed avoiding the need for a qualified electrician. A PAT testing label will be placed either on the appliance or the fuse spur also they will now appear in your PAT testing report.
We have been visual and earth checking items since the 4th Amendment but this was normally the case for sensitive equipment or items that could not be switched off ie Servers, CCTV equipment.
At NEAT Ltd. we will:
• Provide a free initial survey and quotation.
• Carry out the PAT Testing with the minimum of disruption to your staff and normal everyday working.
• Provide a comprehensive list of test results, which meet with the HSE (Health & Safety Executives) requirements of having a managed system in place.
• Supply results in electronic format if required.
• Contact you annually to arrange for re-testing, or alternatively, set up a fixed price 3 or 5-year contract designed to meet your specific requirements.
• Carry out your microwave oven leakage testing.
• All our testing equipment is calibrated annually.
• All our test engineers are trained and certified to City & Guilds standard.
What is a portable appliance?
1. Portable equipment: Appliances fitted with a plug & flexible power cord which can easily be moved.
2. Transportable equipment: Appliances fitted with a plug & flexible power lead that has the ability to be relocated and plugged into a new position.
3. Hand held equipment: Electrical power tools and extension leads either 110V or 240V supply.
You can use this form to request us to give you a call or if you prefer just leave us a message. Please be sure to leave us a contact number or email address for you and we will get back to you as soon as we can.